Re: when GC is permitted

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Marc> But cond-expand is a portable 35 line R5RS macro.  How can you say it
Marc> is difficult to implement in any reasonable Scheme system?  I know
Marc> that you don't want to implement it in Scheme 48 because you disagree
Marc> with the philosophy behind it, and I respect that, but that is very
Marc> different from saying that it is technically difficult.

You misunderstand.  While it probably is also a matter of philosophy,
it's first and foremost a technical issue.  Indeed, implementing
SRFI 0 in Scheme 48 would be technically trivial, but the result would
be useless: in Scheme 48, lots of features exist, but none are
available in the sense of SRFI 0.  Essentially the same holds for PLT
Scheme.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike