Re: I don't believe in "(may GC)"

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Felix Winkelmann <felix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> describes the SRFI-50 authors:

> - we don't care about the alternatives, we don't care about exotic
>    implementations (well, no comment)

I agree with Felix here, and this last one is the reason I've taken an
active part in this srfi and not in most others.

The average srfi says "if your scheme is fancy enough, you can
implement this".

This srfi says "if your scheme is simplistic enough, you can implement
this."

That's a world of difference, and by itself, it should be enough to
block the srfi as currently written, *especially* since there are a
bevy of ways of avoiding this problem.

Thomas