Re: A note on process

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Am Tue, 06 Jan 2004 12:41:31 +0100 hat Michael Sperber <sperber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> geschrieben:

Felix> So why don't put some hard work into getting it right from the
Felix> start?

In fact, I'm getting *really* annoyed now.  *As you know* (having had
advance look at this SRFI months ago), we put some *very* hard work
even in the current draft.

I meant: So why don't WE ALL put some hard work into it, by having
a (sometimes perhaps overly heated, but nevertheless useful)
discussion? I should have worded it more carefully, Sorry.

BTW, I was grateful for the advance look, I pointed out several
issues, some were addressed, some were not. I was (and still am)
very excited about the possibilities of such a SRFI, but from what
others have pointed out here, I more and more realize that there
are many more problems with the current draft that I initially
thought. And I've seen alternatives in this discussion that show
how one could do it better.

Felix> On the other hand, the authors haven't shown much effort to
Felix> address many of the issues others have pointed out,

Hey, Felix---the thing's been in draft for 2 weeks.  Sorry we haven't
addressed "many of the issues" yet. They're complicated, and they're
not nearly as simple as you make them out to be.  Most of us have day
jobs.

Well, I hope you get find the time to fix it, then. :-P

cheers,
felix