Re: I don't believe in "(may GC)"

>>>>> "Felix" == Felix Winkelmann <felix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Felix> Am Tue, 06 Jan 2004 10:22:13 +0100 hat Michael Sperber
Felix> <sperber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> geschrieben:

michael> Let me rephrase: In what kind of environment would "hairy"
michael> *necessarily* imply "GC-causing"?

Felix> In an environment where the primitive (like SCHEME_EXTRACT_DOUBLE)
Felix> involves non-trivial operations, perhaps because of Scheme-level
Felix> hooks, or because if subclassing (SCHEME_RECORD_P comes to mind),
Felix> or for other reasons like some original data representation is used.

I asked a question of the type "In what kind of environment would X
hold?"  Your answering "in an environment where X holds."
Technically, that's an answer to my question.  Just not a useful one.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike