Re: I don't believe in "(may GC)"

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 are here. Eventually, the entire history will be moved there, including any new messages.

Felix> Am Tue, 06 Jan 2004 10:22:13 +0100 hat Michael Sperber
Felix> <sperber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> geschrieben:

michael> Let me rephrase: In what kind of environment would "hairy"
michael> *necessarily* imply "GC-causing"?

Felix> In an environment where the primitive (like SCHEME_EXTRACT_DOUBLE)
Felix> involves non-trivial operations, perhaps because of Scheme-level
Felix> hooks, or because if subclassing (SCHEME_RECORD_P comes to mind),
Felix> or for other reasons like some original data representation is used.

I asked a question of the type "In what kind of environment would X
hold?"  Your answering "in an environment where X holds."
Technically, that's an answer to my question.  Just not a useful one.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike