Restrictions

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Michael Sperber wrote:

felix> Note that the Chicken FFI (for example) does not allow GC during the
felix> invocation of foreign code,

Sure, and that *greatly* simplifies a lot of issues.  It's also an
unacceptable restriction for many Scheme systems.

Well, I wonder what that should be. Could you provide an example?
(Note that callbacks can GC, so I don't see the slightest reason
why this should be a restricition, condidering that it once and
for all solves most hairy issues).

cheers,
felix