Re: no constants please

   Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:28:02 +0100
   From: felix <felix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   I think the overhead is largely unimportant. Unless you are interacting
   with near-c-speed-sufficiently-smart-scheme-compilers (better think of
   crawling-lame-naive-bytecode-interpreter) the overhead of this will
   be completely lost in the noise the Scheme implementation produces.

I meant the overhead of manipulating Scheme objects from C code,
which is independent of the speed at which the Scheme code runs.
It would be nice if the C code ran at near-C speed, no matter how
lame or otherwise the speed of the Scheme code.

                                       -Richard Kelsey