Re: no constants please

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

   Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:28:02 +0100
   From: felix <felix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   I think the overhead is largely unimportant. Unless you are interacting
   with near-c-speed-sufficiently-smart-scheme-compilers (better think of
   crawling-lame-naive-bytecode-interpreter) the overhead of this will
   be completely lost in the noise the Scheme implementation produces.

I meant the overhead of manipulating Scheme objects from C code,
which is independent of the speed at which the Scheme code runs.
It would be nice if the C code ran at near-C speed, no matter how
lame or otherwise the speed of the Scheme code.

                                       -Richard Kelsey