Re: flow of control issues

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Tom> It's silent about asynchronous interrupts which, while not standard
Tom> Scheme, are likely to be an important feature of most
Tom> implementations.  In an interactive application especially, absense of
Tom> support for asynchronous interruption in "built-in" procedures can
Tom> spoil an application's usability.

Unfortunately, the interfaces to the asynchronous facilities vary
greatly between platforms.  I've found that polling is rarely enough.
(MzScheme actually provides some functionality to interface with
asynchronous facilities.  It's a good start, but needs work to be made
more Scheme-implementation-agnostic.)

While this is an issue that's clearly worth addressing, it's not clear
to me that it needs to be done in this SRFI.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike