Re: GC safety and return values

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Thomas> I think GCPRO sucks in emacs, but not necessarily broadly.  What makes
Thomas> it suck in emacs is the huge number of primitives.

Having worked a lot on XEmacs GC issues, I disagree.  What makes it
suck in (X)Emacs (IMHO) is the fact that there isn't a consistent
methodology to using GCPRO, and that developers constantly try to
"optimize" the use of it.

For the primitives, you just look up whether they can GC or not.  That
gets slightly more tedious with more primitives, but not significantly
so, I'd say.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike