Re: thread-safe interfaces [correction]

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

[This correction was noted in another message already, but I'm
reposting it as a reply to my original message so it'll be attached to
the right thread.  Sorry.]

The post this message replies to contained a last-minute edit which
made the main argument make no sense.

A JNI-style reference-based interface does not address the limitations
of SCHEME_EXTRACT_VALUE_POINTER and SCHEME_EXTRACT_STRING, as the
find mutator threads' references to heap objects at any time.

I should have written: