Re: GC safety and return values

Tom Lord <lord@xxxxxxx> writes:

> The biggest issue in choosing between the two approaches, as far as I
> know, is the question of efficiency.

This is the part that gives me great pause.  I am made uncomfortable
by an FFI that determines, once for all, that a particular approach is
more efficient.  Even if certainly true for the computers and tools
available now, experience is that such judgments change over time.

I'm getting a little Scheme reflex in my brain here: "don't
standardize until we *know* what the Right Thing is."

Thomas