Re: Another alternative

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 48 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 48 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

The only reason I suggested a port, is that its already considered a unique
data-type which can be discriminated from other arbitrary procedures,
thereby allowing a generalized fmt-xxxx procedure to accept an arbitrary
scheme data type including procedure symbols, and do the right thing.

Ideally it would be nice to be able to define arbitrary new procedural data
types (actually, although many scheme implementations support the ability to
define procedures which yield ports, R5RS doesn't formally require it, so
shy of getting the scheme author team to advocate the addition of such or a
more generalized type definition facility, your suggestion may likely be the
best short term option in general).

-paul-