Re: what is scheme's formal refinement/extension philosophy? (Re: Format strings are wrong)

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 48 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 48 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

    Paul Schlie <schlie@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

    principles/philosophy which I believe is likely necessary to
    establish at least some form of metric by which proposals may be
    more-or-less somewhat more objectively judged for goodness;

objective judgement based on belief?!
authoritative decrees to bring me relief?!
force-feed phat-fillers and lead them to slaughter?
klein-bottle rhetoric can never hold water!

is that really air you're breathing?
or fear-riddled angst within that's seething?
what couldn't, shouldn't and can't be, we'll never know.
so why side w/ entropy, and things that never slow?

"depersonalize" art and expect quality to arise?
does winning degenerate too easily to surmise?
true, IHBT but i thank you all the same.
spew pills, to kill ills: this is my little game.

thi

[recip list reset]