Re: floating point and other comments

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 48 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 48 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Alex Shinn wrote:

>At Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:00:03 -0800 (PST), bear wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Alex Shinn wrote:
>>
>> >are some issues I want to work out first.  And if we ever want to get
>> >"complete CL format" we'll need a circular-write SRFI and a
>> >pretty-print SRFI.
>>
>> We've already got a circular-write SRFI (srfi-38).
>
>I *really* need to pay more attention to the SRFI process... I just
>spent yesterday writing a circular-write SRFI and reference
>implementation... and I now realize I disagree with the API provided by
>SRFI-38 :(

<making sure SRFI-38 discussion list is included so this will go in
the post-finalization archives>

Since authoring SRFI-38 I have also thought of things it doesn't
adequately cover.  But the ones I've thought of are often subtle,
like the behavior of non-tree-structured data under eval.

What specifically would you like to do differently?

					Bear