Re: floating point and other comments

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 48 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 48 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Alex Shinn wrote:

>On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 06:13:27PM +0100, Ken Dickey wrote:
>
>> I will be happy to work with you on an "advanced format" spec which
>> includes this if you would like.
>
>OK, but my personal format just took a turn for the weird and there
>are some issues I want to work out first.  And if we ever want to get
>"complete CL format" we'll need a circular-write SRFI and a
>pretty-print SRFI.

We've already got a circular-write SRFI (srfi-38).

As far as I know there aren't implementations without prettyprint
in some form, but there's no SRFI for it.

>Also, the spec says it is an error to pass fewer arguments than
>needed, but is it ok to pass more arguments?

Interesting question.  I would say that it should be but only if
there is a "null conversion" available - Something that eats an
argument without producing output. The rationale is use for
internationalization, where there's rarely a 1-to-1 or identically-
ordered correspondence between different languages.

				Bear