Re: floating point and other comments

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Alex Shinn wrote:

>On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 06:13:27PM +0100, Ken Dickey wrote:
>
>> I will be happy to work with you on an "advanced format" spec which
>> includes this if you would like.
>
>OK, but my personal format just took a turn for the weird and there
>are some issues I want to work out first.  And if we ever want to get
>"complete CL format" we'll need a circular-write SRFI and a
>pretty-print SRFI.

We've already got a circular-write SRFI (srfi-38).

As far as I know there aren't implementations without prettyprint
in some form, but there's no SRFI for it.

>Also, the spec says it is an error to pass fewer arguments than
>needed, but is it ok to pass more arguments?

Interesting question.  I would say that it should be but only if
there is a "null conversion" available - Something that eats an
argument without producing output. The rationale is use for
internationalization, where there's rarely a 1-to-1 or identically-
ordered correspondence between different languages.

				Bear