octothorpe array syntax; other comments

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 47 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 47 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I am vehemently opposed to any sort of octothorpe reader syntax for
arrays; I have a preference for SRFI 10.  Indeed, SRFI 4's various new
octothorpe reader macros caused much of the motivation behind SRFI 10.
I instead propose that various SRFI 10 octothorpe-comma constructors
be defined, perhaps as #,(array {vector,ac64,...} [rank]), or perhaps
as #,({vector,ac64,...} [rank]); either way, I'd _much_ prefer SRFI 10
constructors to new #Afoo stuff.

If this is intended to be the _basis_ for array manipulation, will
there be a follow-up of a complete array library to deprecate SRFI 43
and some of 13?  (I say 'some of' because there are still many useful
string-specific routines in SRFI 13 that it would be nice to keep.)

ARRAY=? is less general than it could be.  I'd prefer an ARRAY= with
the same sort of interface as LIST= from SRFI 1 and VECTOR= from SRFI
43, respectively.