Re: moving on

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 46 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 46 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Taylor Campbell wrote:

>On Dec 7, 2003, at 2:48 PM, Taylor Campbell wrote:
>
>> Comments, and what are some thoughts on whether to use (...) or (...
>> ...) for the base of the ellipsis generator, which I mentioned in
>> passing a while ago?  (Argument for (...): it makes much more sense.
>> Argument for (... ...): it's what everyone uses already.)
>
>Another idea: the ellipsis token is a dotted list whose elements are
>all ... and whose terminator is ....  An empty dotted ellipsis list
>acts as ellipsis; a dotted ellipsis list pair expands to its CDR.

No, I think this is too complicated. We're talking more about
this as syntax than as list structure anyway; I think that
making people think in terms of list structure would just
confuse the issue.

My recommendation is keep it simple:

(... ...)

etc, to match existing practice.