Deliberate variable capture.

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 46 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 46 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

bear wrote:

> You know, the more I think about scheme macros, the more I think that
> failure to allow _deliberate_ variable capture is a bad thing.

Agreed.

> This is out of scope for the current SRFI, but for me the most
> fundamental extension to define-syntax or syntax-case that's really
> needed is some standardized way of explicitly allowing variables
> inside a macro to be captured and breaking hygiene.

What're you talking about?  SYNTAX-CASE has one of the most elegant
mechanisms for explicitly breaking hygiene.

Shriram