Re: Choose-Your-Own-Ellipsis

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 46 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 46 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Allophone Petrofsky wrote:

>I think the better approach to the nested ellipsis problem is to have
>syntax-rules take as an (optional) argument the identifier that you
>wish to use to indicate sequences.  E.g.:

Well, when you're right, you're right.  This removes the status of
ellipsis as a "keyword", while simultaneously opening up the entire
hierarchy of macros and meta-macros by getting the ability to ignore
its keyword use.

This is more than just a good idea; it's the Right Thing.

			Bear