Re: Fundamental design flaws

At Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:20:25 -0600, scgmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 12:00:01PM +0900, Alex Shinn wrote:
> > At Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:52:06 -0600, scgmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > >
> > > 44 never just takes an existing vector or list and says "Hey, you're an
> > > SRFI-44 sequence".  Valid 44 collections must be created using the
> > > make-list and make-vector or list and vector constructors.  Any behavior
> > > with primitive Scheme types is undefined.
> >
> > So SRFI-44 make-vector is incompatible with the R5RS make-vector, and
> > SRFI-44 make-list is incompatible with SRFI-1 make-list?
>
> As it currently stands no.  And if we choose to make it so we'll need
> to rename them for obvious reasons.

I'm not sure I understand.  Are the lists and vectors in SRFI-44
primitive Scheme lists and vectors or not?  If they are, then SRFI-44
procedures would in fact treat primitive lists and vectors as sequences.
If not then the new make-list, list, make-vector and vector procedures
conflict with the existing procedures of the same names.

--
Alex