Re: Fundamental design flaws

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

At Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:20:25 -0600, scgmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 12:00:01PM +0900, Alex Shinn wrote:
> > At Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:52:06 -0600, scgmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > >
> > > 44 never just takes an existing vector or list and says "Hey, you're an
> > > SRFI-44 sequence".  Valid 44 collections must be created using the
> > > make-list and make-vector or list and vector constructors.  Any behavior
> > > with primitive Scheme types is undefined.
> >
> > So SRFI-44 make-vector is incompatible with the R5RS make-vector, and
> > SRFI-44 make-list is incompatible with SRFI-1 make-list?
>
> As it currently stands no.  And if we choose to make it so we'll need
> to rename them for obvious reasons.

I'm not sure I understand.  Are the lists and vectors in SRFI-44
primitive Scheme lists and vectors or not?  If they are, then SRFI-44
procedures would in fact treat primitive lists and vectors as sequences.
If not then the new make-list, list, make-vector and vector procedures
conflict with the existing procedures of the same names.

--
Alex