Re: Fundamental design flaws

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Anton van Straaten wrote:
> An adapter could be implemented, with type (alist -> collection).

Sure, it could be. In fact, I suspect that the new reference
implementation includes something like it, perhaps

    (apply make-alist-dict elt= alist)

Given the recent discussion, it sounds like SRFI-44 should not actually
have "list" and "vector" interfaces; instead, they should be
"list-flexible-sequence" and "vector-sequence." As written, they're
either incompatible with the author's design goals (don't use primitive
Scheme collections as collections) or with R5RS list/vector functions.

I'm tired of these surprises, and I'm tired of being accused of
insulting the author, insulting all Scheme implementors, being
"too dramatic," etc. Yes, I am confrontational, but my goal was
certainly not to insult anyone. It's tough not too, however, when the
author keeps claiming that we're attacking him personally.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd