Re: Reasons for withdrawal

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

scgmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I agree.  Thats why this is mentioned in the issues.  But thats a
> 'solve once' problem for the implementer.

It's a "must be solved" problem for everyone who implements the core of
SRFI-44 *and* for everyone who wants to add a new collection to the
system.

>> Yes, [enumeration] is useful. But you're still missing the point.
>> Between R5RS, SRFI-1, SRFI-13, and a little glue code, a programmer
>> can actually do *better* than he can with SRFI-44.

> Yes, but not for future collections.

SRFI-44 doesn't let him do better for future collections, because it
doesn't specify how to add new collections to the existing set.

BTW, for personal reasons unrelated to SRFI-44, I may not be able to
participate much in the discussion for a few days.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd