Re: API conflicts

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 08:03:05PM -1000, Shiro Kawai wrote:
> Oops, one fix.
>
> From: Shiro Kawai <shiro@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: API conflicts (Was: Re: Reasons for withdrawal)
>
> >      list= in this srfi takes two lists.  list= in srfi-1 takes
> >      arbitrary number of lists.
>
> The signature under "Scheme collections" suggested this, but
> the description under "Collections" certainly permits arbitrary
> number of collections.
> But srfi-1's list= clearly specifies the order of argument
> passed to elt=, while srfi-44 doesn't, so two function may
> behave differently in some cases.
>
> Besides the above signature mismatch, I find other typos and errors
> in other signatures.   I attach a patch of what I noticed so far.

Thanks very much for that patch.  You also mentioned changing alist to
alist-dict to resolve the majority of serious naming conflicts.  I like
that idea.  Does anyone object?

	Scott