Re: Reasons for withdrawal

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 03:12:27PM +0900, Alex Shinn wrote:
> At Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:37:26 -0600, scgmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> You don't, however, need a full-blown, mother-of-all object systems for
> this SRFI.  You just need single-dispatch for an single-inheritance
> hierarchy, which could be done in a very simple SRFI.

I know.  I note this in the Issues section, stating:

"At the same time it is hoped that a future SRFI will specify a
mechanism which will allow a portable and efficient implementation of
collections to exist."

I hope you'll agree that it is ultimately an implementation issue to get
the dispatch right, but its not that difficult since it is a very simple
form of dispatch.  Bugs will exist in implementations of anything, they
can be fixed.

	Scott