RE: Reasons for withdrawal

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Bradd W. Szonye wrote:
> Anton van Straaten wrote:
> > However, this SRFI was already way
> > over the alloted draft period.  I don't know the history of that - if
> > there's a procedural problem, it should have been addressed a long
> > time ago.  But it doesn't make much sense to me to suddenly start
> > calling for withdrawal ....
>
> In business, that's called "throwing good money after bad." In
> parenting, it's called "two wrongs don't make a right."

I don't think analogies are helpful here.  But if it makes you happy: if you
drive a car off the road, you have to do some more offroad driving to get
back on the road.  Turns out two wrongs *do* make a right, after all.

> I realize that you're trying to be tactful and diplomatic and offer a
> compromise here, but it won't help, because your compromise just
> undermines the process even more.

It wasn't intended as a compromise - it's an observation about what I think
is right.  I'm not suggesting that the draft period be extended
indefinitely, only that the situation be dealt with fairly.  I don't accept
that this undermines the process.

Anton