Re: Reasons for withdrawal

scgmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Again, there is still room for discussion before finalization without
> withdrawal.

You've already rejected some solutions because they were too radical or
difficult to implement in your rush toward finalization.

> Only you and Bradd seem to think its a finalize now or withdraw
> situation.

We're just following the published guidelines and trying to encourage
you to work out the issues in a more appropriate forum. I don't know
whether there's any real teeth behind the limited draft period, but
there should be.

And really, I don't think it's "finalize now or withdraw." I believe
that the SRFI is likely to fail if you finalize now. It's much more
likely to succeed if you withdraw it and present a good set of concrete
collections instead. As a bonus, that would actually benefit the Scheme
community directly, and it would make SRFI-44 unnecessary.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd