Re: Reasons for withdrawal

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

scgmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Again, there is still room for discussion before finalization without
> withdrawal.

You've already rejected some solutions because they were too radical or
difficult to implement in your rush toward finalization.

> Only you and Bradd seem to think its a finalize now or withdraw
> situation.

We're just following the published guidelines and trying to encourage
you to work out the issues in a more appropriate forum. I don't know
whether there's any real teeth behind the limited draft period, but
there should be.

And really, I don't think it's "finalize now or withdraw." I believe
that the SRFI is likely to fail if you finalize now. It's much more
likely to succeed if you withdraw it and present a good set of concrete
collections instead. As a bonus, that would actually benefit the Scheme
community directly, and it would make SRFI-44 unnecessary.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd