Re: Reasons for withdrawal

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 07:42:20PM -0800, Tom Lord wrote:
>     > From: scgmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     > There is simply no way to have genericly programmable
>     > collections without some generic dispatch mechanism.  Nearly all
>     > Scheme implementations currently have it.
> So what if they do?  Are those mechanisms standardized in a SRFI?

They don't need to be, just as the mechanisms for implementing
continuations or threads don't need to be standardized to support
SRFI-18.  It would be nice if they were, but we can have a portable
implementation without them.