Re: Reasons for withdrawal

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

    > From: Taylor Campbell <campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

    > Would you rather that we define sixteen concrete collection
    > SRFIs all with their own inconsistent interfaces, withdraw them
    > all to write a collection interface SRFI, breaking any code
    > written with them, only to rewrite them _again_ with a new
    > collection SRFI?

I'd rather that you write the concrete srfis, give them consistent
interfaces by your own good grace, write some srfis to support generic
functions, and _then_ write a generic collections interface.

Do you play pool?  A favorable reading of 44 is that you've "called
your shot".  In this case, it's more like "called your next 4 shots".
Ok, noted.  But calling a shot ain't a shot -- ain't a srfi.   The
game isn't the shots you call, it's the shots you make.

You're doing things out of order.  A not bad place to _start_ would be
to _first_ have srfis that let you kill the "Issues" section of 44.

    > Please show us the correct place to submit meta-SRFIs, then.

comp.lang.scheme

-t