Re: Reasons for withdrawal

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 02:36:11PM -0800, Bradd W. Szonye wrote:
> I agree that last-minute sabotage would be a bad thing. However, keep in
> mind that the SRFI process is about consensus. If it were just me
> arguing, no matter how vocally, I'd still recommend finalization (so
> long as the final version met the basic SRFI requirements, which the
> current draft does not).

Not to be inflamatory, but the SRFI process is in part a response to the
unanimous RnRS process which severely restricts forward motion.  It is
bad style to finalize an SRFI without concensus, but its hard to say at
this point whether we have a majority concensus.  We have, so far, Oleg,
myself, Taylor, and Matthias for continued discussion towards correction
of concrete issues, vs yourself, Tom, and Ray against.  This is why I
want more opinions.  I'm especially wanting to hear informed opinions
from implementors and respected members of the Scheme community.

	Scott