Re: s/-LEFT//g?

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 01:06:29PM -0700, Bradd W. Szonye wrote:
> As an extension of my idea to change collection-fold-left to
> collection-fold, how about removing all of the -lefts? Rationale:
>
> 1. It's the naming convention in SRFI-1.
> 2. The -left suffix doesn't make sense for "disordered" collections.
> 3. It's less to type.

Its less to type, but in this case its important, as it really is
indicating directionality.  If it was just get-value or such, it
wouldn't convey the message that its retrieving a very specific value
from the collection, the left most or least precedent.

*-left provides a symmetry that the *-right functions can compare
themselves against.

	Scott