Re: Bidirectionality and other comments

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Bradd W. Szonye wrote:
> The SRFI conflates "order" and "bidirectionality" ....

Regarding my recommendations for new collection attributes
(bidirectional-collection? and random-access-collection?): While I feel
that these are important additions, you could leave them to a later
SRFI. I could possibly even be persuaded to work on a "generic
programming" SRFI that extends collections in this way. I think it's
better to include it from the start, but "adopt and extend later" could
work too.

(I do think it's a good idea to fix the other three issues I brought up,
though. Especially the bit about collection-fold-left -- why such a long
and ambiguous name for a common operation?)
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd