Re: [oleg@xxxxxxxxx: Minor quibbles on the latest draft]

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

> You have a point.
>
> >This is especially important for maintenance of the resulting
> >system.  Especially as Scheme systems start (and continue) to offer
> >compiled modules, programmers or sysadmins may want to upgrade package
> >Foo.  If Foo changes its selection of the underlying set collection, it
> >would be onerous to require all packages that depend on it to be
> >modified at the source code level to remain compatible.
> >
> Yes - but isn't it the role of the module system to take care of that?

If its a sophisticated enough module system, then probably.  But as we
aren't specifying module system functionality in this SRFI, we don't
have that luxury, as you point out.

	Scott