Re: Shorthand procedures?

scgmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
First, if we are to use collection-fold-keys-increasing, it makes sense that collection-fold-left is renamed to collection-fold-increasing as well.

Second, Is there any objection to adding the procedures collection-fold and collection-fold-keys as synonyms for collection-fold-increasing and collection-fold-keys-increasing respectively?

I'm skeptical of both changes. The fold concept is spatial (thus addressing unordered collections) and increasing/decreasing is explicitly ordered.

And what about ordered vs unordered key enumeration? Are you really saying ordered key enumeration is the only option?

Jim
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams