Re: Some small notes

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

>   > Folding Enumerators
>   > -------------------
>
>   > procedure: collection-keys-fold-left ...
>   > procedure: collection-keys-fold-right ...
>
> I prefer collection-fold-keys-increasing and
> collections-fold-keys-decreasing.

Thats reasonable, though the intent was to have symmetry between the
value and key enumerators.

>   > update.  The returned collection may share structure with the
>   > input collection, but must be distinct with respect to eq? to the
>   > input collection, and the effects of the update must not be
>   > reflected in the input collection.
>
> Why must the returned collection be distinct with respect to eq?
> Suppose I have a set implementation, where sets are represented
> as sorted lists, then it would be natural to let
> (union A '()) return A.

Excellent point.  There really isn't a need to be pointer distinct.  The
important aspect is the latter qualification.  I'll remove that part of
the sentence.

>   > Functional vs Linear Update
>   > _Collections_
>
>   > procedure: *-values collection => list
>
> Why not simply name it collection->list ?
> This is similar to vector->list and string->list.

Sounds good.  And correspondingly *-keys->list.

	Scott