*-COPY, COLLECTION-FOLD-(LEFT|RIGHT), and comparison

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I believe someone mentioned previously %-COPY, but that isn't found in the new draft, and anyways, *-COPY is more general than %-COPY, and I can't at the
moment think of why %-COPY would be preferred to *-COPY.

Also, is there any reason why it's COLLECTION-FOLD-(LEFT|RIGHT) instead of
%-FOLD-(LEFT|RIGHT) or *-FOLD-(LEFT|RIGHT)?

Comparison isn't mentioned at all in the new draft, or in the old one, but it seems rather odd to leave out. I should like to see some sort of comparison operation -- be it *=?, %=?, %= or *= (the latter two being consistent with SRFIs 1, 13, and 43), or something else entirely -- but at least some sort of
comparison.