VECTOR-UNFOLD and VECTOR-TABULATE

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 43 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 43 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

It occurred to me earlier today that VECTOR-UNFOLD is _not_ an
inherently silly operation; it's just a VECTOR-UNFOLD that does not
produce a fixed-size vector that's silly.  Indeed, if the size of the
resulting vector is fixed at the time VECTOR-UNFOLD is applied, it is
VECTOR-TABULATE that is a silly operation, as it is trivially written
in terms of VECTOR-UNFOLD, but VECTOR-UNFOLD is much more general.

So I'd like to flush VECTOR-TABULATE in favour of VECTOR-UNFOLD:

  (VECTOR-UNFOLD <f> <length> <initial-seed> ...) -> [seed ...]
        (F <integer> <seed> ...) -> [new-seed ...]
    The fundamental vector constructor.  Create a vector whose length
    is LENGTH and iterate across each index I between 0 and LENGTH,
    applying F to I and the current seeds, initializing the Ith slot in
    the new vector to the first value that F returned and continuing on
    with the seeds becoming the other values that F returned.

VECTOR-TABULATE is just VECTOR-UNFOLD but with no seeds.

While I'm at it, I'd like to add VECTOR-UNFOLD-RIGHT again.

Objections?