Re: multiple vector arguments versus start+end

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 43 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 43 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

One additional idea I did not mention there, but which I did mention a
while ago on this mailing list, is to have two variants of every
procedure for which both multiple vector arguments _and_ start+end
arguments make sense.  For instance, there would be a (VECTOR-MAP <f>
This has the disadvantage of lots of extra procedures, and still isn't
as good as a complete array slice API.  But in the absence thereof,
this may be a good solution, as it provides you with the best of both
worlds -- start+end everywhere versus multiple vectors in operations
for which they make sense & start+end where they do not --.  Thoughts?