Re: VECTOR-REVERSE[!]

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 43 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 43 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On the matter of reversing vectors, it also occurs to me that the
destructive variant could be modified to accept a source and a target,
rather than taking elements from and modifying the one input vector.

In fact, I'd like to propose a larger change: change the names, add
start+end arguments to the non-destructive one, and change the
destructive one to accept two vectors.  We'd now have:

    Just like the current VECTOR-COPY, but accepts start+end arguments
    as well.  A reversing analogue of VECTOR-COPY.

    Copy elements from SOURCE, starting at SSTART and ending at SEND,
    in reverse to TARGET, starting at TSTART.  A reversing analogue of
    VECTOR-COPY!.

Thoughts?