Awaken, discussion!

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 43 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 43 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I'm only half-heartedly continuing SRFI 43, in the hopes that a much better
collection system will be sorted out (sooner rather than later).

But even so, I've taken several of the suggestions people have made and produced a new, much smaller draft, along with a reference implementation -- removing useless functions for vectors (e.g., VECTOR-UNFOLD, VECTOR-(FIRST|SECOND|...),
all of the avector functions), some of the downright silly ones (e.g.,
VECTOR-NONEMPTY?, VECTOR-LAST), and put in a few new, useful ones
(VECTOR-RESIZE, as mentioned in a Usenet thread recently; VECTOR-BINARY-SEARCH;
and VECTOR-INSERT! and VECTOR-DELETE!).

Until I figure something out about using the SRFI CVS stuff (which I'll contact Mike Sperber about soon), the new draft and reference implementation will be at:

http://www.bloodandcoffee.net/campbell/html/srfi-43.html

and

http://www.bloodandcoffee.net/campbell/code/vector-lib.scm

(respectively)