Awaken, discussion!

I'm only half-heartedly continuing SRFI 43, in the hopes that a much better
collection system will be sorted out (sooner rather than later).

But even so, I've taken several of the suggestions people have made and produced a new, much smaller draft, along with a reference implementation -- removing useless functions for vectors (e.g., VECTOR-UNFOLD, VECTOR-(FIRST|SECOND|...),
all of the avector functions), some of the downright silly ones (e.g.,
VECTOR-NONEMPTY?, VECTOR-LAST), and put in a few new, useful ones
(VECTOR-RESIZE, as mentioned in a Usenet thread recently; VECTOR-BINARY-SEARCH;
and VECTOR-INSERT! and VECTOR-DELETE!).

Until I figure something out about using the SRFI CVS stuff (which I'll contact Mike Sperber about soon), the new draft and reference implementation will be at:

http://www.bloodandcoffee.net/campbell/html/srfi-43.html

and

http://www.bloodandcoffee.net/campbell/code/vector-lib.scm

(respectively)