Re: Prototypes

On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 02:20 AM, Michael Burschik wrote:

The prototype of vector-find does not specify the function's return value,
which should probably be "value".

Fixed.

It might also be mentioned that the return
value is ambiguous with regard to #f, which might be a vector element that satisfied the predicate, or signal that the end of the vector was reached
without satisfying the predicate.

Can you think of a better thing to do in this case?

Or should there not even be a VECTOR-FIND (use VECTOR-INDEX and then VECTOR-REF
instead)?

The return value of vector-find-tail, on the other hand, should probably be "vector" instead of "value", as the reference implementation will return an
empty vector in case no element satisfied the predicate.

Fixed.

The prototype of vector-any should probably be (vector-any pred? vec1 ...
vecn), otherwise the variable "n" in the following discussion would be
unbound. In many other functions defined in section 4.7, the arity of the
predicate is not specified. Is this deliberate?

I've fixed a bunch of them. I don't know if I got them all, so please inform me
of any others you find.

Regards

Michael Burschik

Note: the 'Fixed.' comments indicate that I've fixed it and uploaded a new copy,
but not to srfi.schemers.org -- see the updated copy at:

http://www.bloodandcoffee.net/campbell/html/srfi-43.html