Re: Storage Efficiency of Vectors

On Wednesday, April 16, 2003, at 07:08 PM, Per Bothner wrote:
I agree.  I missed the justification for including association
vectors.  Why would anyone ever use such a data structure?  If
you really want it, use a vector of pairs, but even then it should
be rare enough that there is no need to standardize such
trivial and rarely-used functions.

You all have good points that far supersede the only reason I kept them in there (and I didn't really support keeping them in there, either). Unless anyone has any major objections now, I'll be removing them in a day or two.