Re: Stream-filter and space leaks

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 40 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 40 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Matze> Maybe this SRFI should require a Scheme implementation with a certain
Matze> safe-for-space property.  Or maybe every implementation of this SRFI
Matze> should at least state somehow how it behaves under implementations
Matze> with different safe-for-space properties.

Matze> Otherwise users will trip into the exact same problems I did when
Matze> filtering streams with scsh ...

I think this is desirable in principle, but (as your tests show)
presently unreasonable in practice.  In any case, we're no worse off
than the Haskell folks.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike