Re: new function or modify read

This may be uncouth for me as the editor of this SRFI, but

NONOONONONONONONONONONONONNOOOOO

Separate procedures is much better. I would *not* want all of the
writes within a "parameterize"d block to suddenly get
pretty-printed. There might be debugging messages buried in
there. There might be writes going on to other ports. An out-of-band
dynamically scoped write function (or read function) is too horrible
to contemplate.

And as far as precedent goes, PP (or PRETTY-PRINT) is already
widely disseminated through SLIB, if nothing else. There is plenty of
precedent for alternate names for alternative I/O operations.

david rush
--
Scheme: Because it *is* the red pill...
	-- Anton van Straaten (the Scheme Marketing Dept from c.l.s)