Re: EOF condition?

>>>>> "Taylor" == Taylor Campbell <campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Taylor> Looking through the list of I/O conditions defined in SRFI 36,
Taylor> I notice that there is no condition for reporting unexpected
Taylor> EOFs from a port -- was this intentional, or is there
Taylor> something that should be used instead of a specific
Taylor> &unexpected-eof or something,

The behavior upon EOF of the R5RS I/O primitives is already defined
to be non-exceptional, so that doesn't make sense.  It might be
feasible to create a subtype of &READ-ERROR, but that doesn't seem
very useful.

Taylor> or should this SRFI be amended?

Note that there's no way to amend a SRFI after it's been finalized.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike