Re: Finally clauses

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 34 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 34 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

   Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:07:22 -0700 (PDT)
   From: bear <bear@xxxxxxxxx>

   Is it your understanding that the srfi process is about producing
   library code?

No, as it happens, but that is irrelevent.  To recapitulate:

   Bear: The business of passing around thunks and continuations
     as objects as in SRFI 34 seems to me to get in my way and
     complicate things, and I don't think it actually provides
     more generality or functionality.

   Richard Kelsey: The generality it provides is that it runs in
     implementations of R5RS.

Specifying SRFI 34, or any other SRFI, in terms of R5RS has utility.
I said nothing about it being a requirement.

                                    -Richard Kelsey