Re: Finally clauses

   Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:07:22 -0700 (PDT)
   From: bear <bear@xxxxxxxxx>

   Is it your understanding that the srfi process is about producing
   library code?

No, as it happens, but that is irrelevent.  To recapitulate:

   Bear: The business of passing around thunks and continuations
     as objects as in SRFI 34 seems to me to get in my way and
     complicate things, and I don't think it actually provides
     more generality or functionality.

   Richard Kelsey: The generality it provides is that it runs in
     implementations of R5RS.

Specifying SRFI 34, or any other SRFI, in terms of R5RS has utility.
I said nothing about it being a requirement.

                                    -Richard Kelsey