Re: Finally clauses

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 34 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 34 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

> it will write "exiting" twice, once for the raise and once
> for the normal return.  When would you use such a "finally"?

You're right, restarts will complicate matters. But since they aren't
part of this SRFI, we don't have to worry about them unless we want to
:-)

Restarts complicate matters for *all* exception handlers, though. Once
they enter the picture, you have to be careful about side-effecting in
any delegating exception handler, whether it's a finally clause or
not.

Tony