Re: Finally clauses

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 34 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 34 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

   Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:29:29 +0100
   From: Tony Garnock-Jones <tonyg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   However I still think (finally) does something *slightly* different to
   what is done by (dynamic-wind): where (dynamic-wind) executes its
   third thunk on *any* throw past it, I'd expect (finally) to be
   triggered by only either normal return, or exception-throw.

I don't understand why this makes any difference.  No matter
how you get out, by a normal return, an exception throw, or
some other throw, you can still throw back in.  An exception
throw is no more 'final' than any other throw.

                                -Richard Kelsey