Re: Withdrawn??

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Why was this srfi withdrawn? It's in my oppinion a very important srfi.
>Can it be revived?

Looking over the discussion archive, my impression is that
the bitwise-operations were built on too many assumptions
about integer length and representation, and it was withdrawn
for revisions - basically, people may be looking for a design
that makes it easier to support without constraining how
people represent numbers.

			Bear