Re: Reviving SRFI-33

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 33 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 33 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On 29 Jul 2003, Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos wrote:
> I'm preparing a SRFI that should be based on SRFI-33 which is
> unfortunately withdrawn. I've talked with F. Solsona and he said this
> SRFI could (and fortunately would) be revived.

As most questions seem to be solved, a good reference implementation is
available, and many of the best Scheme systems already support (most of)
this SRFI, I (and probably many more) would like to ask that one of the
nice guys associated with the supporting Scheme systems revives it.
(Otherwise you would have to change the SRFI-33 parts of your Scheme system's
documentation :-) )

> I'd like to hear what on your mind for the future of this SRFI.

Going through the mail archive it looks as if 95% of the work has already
been done. The last mail by Brad
http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-33/mail-archive/msg00032.html
and Olin
http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-33/mail-archive/msg00031.html
maybe require some discussion.
We just need a volunteer to become the official author of a revived
SRFI-33 ... (see above). Others (including me) will certainly support this
effort by discussing open questions, proof-reading, adjusting implementations
for Scheme systems ...

Get the remaining 5% done!
Sven