Why

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 32 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 32 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

    From: "felix" <felixundduni@xxxxxxxxxx>
    Do you really think this makes a measurable difference in execution speed?

Felix, you wimp. We don't make these optimisations because they have a
measurable difference. We make them because it is *physically painful* to
leave those extra cycles laying there. Because we could not face ourselves in
the morning with the self-knowledge that we had turned around and simply
strolled away.

Get with the program, Son.
    -Olin