Linear and destructive update

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 3 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 3 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I recently made a plea for including both linear and destructive update
facilities in the list library (SRFI-1).  I don't think that that is
much of an issue with the set library, but I post this message to make
the (obvious) point that if the distinction between linear and
destructive update is made in the list library, then a compatible
notation should be chosen for the list-set library.

--lars